Prime-MEC Power Fuses
Suitable choice for Transformer Protection, Condenser (Capacitor) Protection, Motor Protection
- The HRC Power Fuses belong to the Prime-MEC series. It interrupts high currents before the first loop of fault current has reached its natural peak value and therefore cuts down the required withstand capacity of the associated equipment on the electric system.
- Though small in size, it has a high breaking capacity and its enclosed type is suitable for use inside of the panel board.
- PRIME MEC fuses are equipped with striker pins for trip indicators as well as for operating the related load break switches.
- Link type fuse holder enables easy maintenance and high stability when replacing the fuses.
With Fuse Checker, checking the conditions of a fuse in the panel board or by telecommunication is possible.(Optional)
Applied standards – IEC 282-1, DIN 43625, BS 2692, KSC 4612
Applications – Transformer protection
- To protect against short circuit current in the secondary part of a transformer and fault current in the transformer circuit.
- Condenser protection
- To protect against fault current in the condenser circuit.
- Motor protection
- To protect against fault current in the motor circuit
- Cable protection
- Fault current protection secures the cable
LS Prime-MEC power fuses are designed to protect equipments from fault current such as short-circuit, and generally used for the protection the circuits of transformers, capacitors and motors they protect.
For further safety and reliability the elements inside of fuses are made of silver, and high quality quartzs and and ceramic are used for magnetic rods and tubes, respectively.
LS medium voltage vacuum contactors using LS vacuum interrupters manufactured with World class technology are type tested in LS PT & T that is accredited high power test lab by World class KOLAS.
To ensure the performance they, installed in a vacuum contactor, are tested according to IEC 60282-1 in LS PT & T that is accredited high power test lab by worldclass KOLAS.
Considerations in application
- Power fuses are suitable for the protection from a short-circuit, Overload current will not protected.
- Reset or re-use after blowing is not possible. Fuse reset or re-use is not possible after fused are blown out.
- When the fuses are selected, the inrush currents arising from the starting transformers, motors, capacitors should be considered.
- When the fuses are selected, their usage and circuit requirements should be considered.
- For the purpose of protection from the fault current below the lowest interrupting current of the fuse it is desirable to replace it with a fuse having lower interrupting rate or add other overcurrent relay in series.
- Withstand voltage of the circuit should be higher than that of a fuse that protects it.
- If possible, select the fuse whose rated current is much higher than the load current. The rated current not sufficiently exceeding the normal current of the load may cause reduction in the service life.
- Replace all three fuses in case of blowing in a fuse.
|Voltage(kV)||Fuse link type||Rated current(A)||Transformer
|Fuse holder type|
|Single phase||Three phase|